The Paid Student Internship Program is an important part of KAB's Broadcast Careers program. Its purpose is to help interested men and women pursue a career in broadcasting by undertaking a paid internship which provides training and hands-on experience at a KAB-member station.
The Internship Program is not intended to substitute for full-time or part-time employees at participating stations. Further, training and experience should not include duties or responsibilities that can be performed by a regular paid employee.
Applicants must meet these criteria:
- Entering junior or senior year at a Kansas four-year college or sophomore year at a two-year college and;
- Enrolled in a broadcast or related program.
- Student must receive college credit for the internship.
- Internship must be supervised by a faculty member at the student's institution.
- Student must get approval of his/her adviser and the KAB member station before applying for a KAB-paid internship.
- Complete internship application form required by student's institution.
- Letter explaining how the experience will be beneficial to the student's career plans.
- The student must provide approximately 60 hours at the internship site for each one hour of college credit.
- The student must submit a written report at the end of the internship detailing what was accomplished and the applicant's reaction to the experience.
Submit to the KAB by May 1 (for summer internship); November 1 (for winter/spring):
- The completed internship application required by the institution. Must include number of college credit hours received for the internship.
- Your letter explaining how the experience will be beneficial to your career plans; and
- Your resume.
KAB's scholarship committee will review the applications. All applicants will be notified of the committee's decision.
Click HERE to download application
Successful student applicants will receive from KAB, $200 for each hour of internship college credit enrolled in. The award will be paid at the end of the internship upon KAB's receipt of the student's written report.