There is a critical and growing need across the state for qualified sales representatives and broadcast engineers who are professionally equipped to deal with a rapidly changing industry. In response, the Kansas Association of Broadcasters Foundation is establishing Advancing Excellence in Kansas Broadcasting
, a campaign to expand scholarships and training opportunities. The KABF will raise $1,000,000 for this initiative, which will allow it to increase its scholarship funding and provide more meaningful grants to students from approximately $25,000 to $75,000 annually.from approximately $25,000 to $75,000 annually.
Donors designate how much of their contribution will be put into action immediately and how much will build capacity for future programming. Once fully funded,the yield could more than double the amount the KAB commits to scholarship every year. This will allow both the donation and the number of recipients to increase. The KABF Board of Directors has fiduciary responsibility for the fund and its distribution. Our scholarship recipients are two and four year college students from all over the state who demonstrate academic excellence, financial need and a passion for broadcasting. Each recipient has been carefully selected from a competitive field by the Foundation’s Scholarship Committee which is comprised of working broadcasters representing varying market sizes.
Advancing Excellence in Kansas Broadcasting will:
- Invest in training and development of tomorrow’s Kansas broadcasters
- Assure interested young people in Kansas access to careers in the field
- Provide experiences essential to aspiring Kansas broadcasters
- Address current job related shortages in the broadcast industry
What’s in it for me?
- Enhanced sales and engineering work force for the future
- Prominent recognition among your peers
- Tax advantages to the full extent of
- EEO Credit for Stations